A must have for any serious baseball fan! This 12-coin proof collectors set commemorates 12 Baseball Hall of Fame Legends who have batted over 500 home runs in their career. The set commemorates the following proud members of the 500 Club as of 1991:
- Hank Aaron with 755 home runs
- Babe Ruth with 714 home runs
- Willie Mays with 660 home runs
- Frank Robinson with 586 home runs
- Harmon Killebrew with 573 home runs
- Mickey Mantle with 536 home runs
- Jimmie Foxx with 534 home runs
- Ted Williams with 521 home runs
- Willie McCovey with 521 home runs
- Eddie Mathews with 512 home runs
- Ernie Banks with 512 home runs
- Mel Ott with 511 home runs
Each baseball legend has been immortalized in fine .999 silver proof coins and set in double-sided informational cards, with the player’s photo and signature on the front, and the player’s statistics and brief profile on the back. They were all officially authorized by the National Baseball Hall of Fame, and throughout the year 1991, each silver proof could be redeemed for $25 admission value at the Hall of Fame, for a total admission value of $300 for a full set.
This highly valuable commemorative set also includes an official gold plated Hall of Fame collectors pin, as well as a Certificate of Authenticity from the National Baseball Hall of Fame President Edward W. Stack, and a Guarantee of Authenticity from International Coins & Currency, Inc..
Each commemorative coin proof weighs 20.0 grams and measures about 38mm wide in diameter.
Collector’s pin weighs 5.9 grams and is about 26mm wide by 28mm tall.
Total weight of set is 819.2 grams. Storage tin is about 7.5″ wide by 6.75″ tall by 5.5″ deep.